Thursday, May 13, 2010

Day 4, Getting the Hang of Things

5/13/10, worked from 8:10 a.m. to 1:50 p.m., written on 5/13 at 3:15 p.m.

Today was a slower day than usual. The 4th graders completed their final day of standardized testing, so it was the last morning I would get to hang out with the young boy, who I call "Little dude," outside of his classroom. We worked on math and we finished his vocabulary book. After 30 minutes of just working we went for a quick walk and I read a book to him about mice. It was fun to just talk to him for awhile because when he gets comfortable, he likes to tell "stories" about what he does daily. For example, after I told him I will be working at an ice cream shop this summer, he told me he had to close down the ice cream shop he works at last night and that was why he was so tired.
After all the 4th graders were done with their tests, I went to help look after the kindergarten students during recess for about 30 minutes and helped look after two more kindergarten classes later that afternoon. During lunch, one student brought a couple friends to his appointment and I got to meet and talk to them. Other than that, I pretty much stayed in the guidance room and chatted about some students who I get to see next week.
It has been a hectic week and having one slow day was really perfect. I got to leave earlier than usual and I got to meet some new students. Another good day at the office of Ms. Theroux's.

2 comments:

  1. cute ice cream story...gotta love those ages!
    MR

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dayton I love reading your blog! KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK! hope you get to hang out with Little Dude some more!

    ReplyDelete