Friday, May 14, 2010

Day 5, IT'S THE WEEKEND!

5/14/10, worked from 8:10 a.m. to 2:10 p.m., written on 5/14

TGIF was the theme for today for the kids. Everyone was energetic for the busy and stressful week to be over and to start his or her exciting weekend. Sleepovers, play dates, etc. was all I heard about. This morning I went to another guidance class today for one of the 5th grade classes and we talked about what happens when people block one another out. We read a short story about how all the people in one town built walls around their house so they were blocking people out because of what they did, or who was in their house. Then there was a small activity where the kids had to answer questions about the story and again I was blown away by how intuitive these young children are. Some of the answers they were coming up with I had never even thought of.
After that, I helped look after the 3rd graders during their recess and got to see "Little dude" for the first time and I was so excited to hear him say, "I missed you!" It was music to my ears to hear that I actually helped these kids, and after he hugged me, I got hugs from kids I had never even seen, but they had heard of me, so it was the cool thing to come and hug me. I love knowing that even the little things I do help the kids.
After recess I helped Ms. Theroux with some paper work that needed to be done before I was sent home early. I am excited for the weekend and to see what is in store for me next week.
A good first week at Kearsarge in New London!

No comments:

Post a Comment